In order to become a good barista, one must have good skills around espresso making. There is a variety of drinks and experiments you can do with espresso.
- Start with a shot of espresso. With
the correct amounts of water, coffee, pressure, and timing, an espresso
shot can come out perfectly. A shot should take 20 to 25 seconds to create
one to two ounces.
- Build a latte. Most coffee shop drinks
revolve around a latte. A latte is simply an espresso shot and steamed
milk. However, to make a delicious latte, good steaming of the milk and
froth also plays a key part. With a lot of practice, you can also create latte art.
- When someone asks for
a breve, its simply using steamed half & half rather than
- Never stir drinks unless theyre iced or blended. Just let everything layer on top of each other.
- Always use cold milk when making iced or blended drinks.
- Top off any chocolate ingredient drink, such as mochas, with whipped cream.
- When it comes to flavors, Torani syrups are very recommended. Vanilla, caramel, and hazelnut are popular for espresso based drinks.
- How to Make Froth for Espresso Without an Espresso Machine
- How to Make a Marble Mocha Macchiato
- How to Make a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha
- How to Clean an Espresso Machine
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Espresso Drinks. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.